No products in the cart.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants may be an option for people who have lost a tooth or teeth due to periodontal disease, an injury, or some other reason.
“Smile, for everyone lacks self-confidence and more than any other one thing a smile reassures them.” – Andre Maurois
But what happens when a smile is the cause of a person’s lack of self-confidence? Missing teeth can be a source of discomfort and insecurity for many people. Fortunately, there are several cosmetic dentistry procedures available – like Dental Implants – to help give you that beautiful smile you so dearly miss.
WHAT ARE DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Quite simply, a dental implant is a replacement tooth root that is made of titanium and anchored into your jaw bone to hold a replacement tooth or bridge in place. Implants provide a strong foundation for fixed (permanent) or removable replacement teeth. Dental implants can be used to replace a single tooth or missing teeth as a result of gum disease, injury, or some other reason.
Dental implants are beneficial for a number of reasons:
● Look and Feel: Dental implants look and feel like real teeth. They are strong, stable, durable, and do not interfere with your ability to eat, smile, or speak. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
● Comfort: Implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures. Because they are anchored into the jaw bone, you will forget the implant is even there.
● Maintenance: Unlike other treatment options that require special care, dental implants are cared for just like real teeth – brushing and flossing.
● Oral Health: Dental implants do not require the reduction of surrounding teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Dental implants are put into place without harming or affecting the surrounding teeth
● Self-Confidence: Dental implants give you a renewed confidence in your smile.
Smile, it is the key that fits the lock of everybody’s heart.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
AM I A CANDIDATE FOR DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Dental implants may be an option for people who have lost a tooth or teeth due to periodontal disease, an injury, or some other reason. The ideal candidate for a dental implant is in good general and oral health and has healthy gum tissue, free of periodontal disease. The candidate must also have an adequate jaw bone to support the implant.
Dr. Fatemi will examine you to make sure you’re a good candidate. We take a CBCT (3-D) radiograph of the area being considered for implant to make sure the patient has adequate bone prior to surgery. Once a patient is considered a candidate, Dr. Fatemi will also take an intra-oral scan of the entire area considered for implant therapy and orders his lab to fabricate a surgical stent suited for placement of the dental implant. He will have a meeting with the lab and plan the case prior to the surgery. All precautions and arrangements will be made with the lab in fabrication of the surgical guide. This method will allow Dr. Fatemi to place the implants in minutes with exceptional accuracy.
If you are interested, please call our offices at either Gaithersburg or Lexington park for a consultation with Dr. Fatemi so that he can examine you and answer all your questions.
A DENTAL IMPLANT EXPERT
“Beauty is power; a smile is its sword.” – John Ray
Fatemi Family Dentistry, LLC is well suited to meet all of your dental needs, including dental implants. Dr. Ali Fatemi has taken many continuing education courses, including those in dental implants where underwent two years of specialized training in implant dentistry. Dr. Fatemi is also a member of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists. Dr. Fatemi also holds masters in Sedation dentistry where you can sleep while your implant surgery is being performed.
If you have any questions about Dental Implants, please contact Fatemi Family Dentistry, LLC by calling 301-740-2686, or 301-737-4747.